Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Story of Stuff

Go ahead, call me the Queen of Cheap, but I'm not too stubborn to constantly reevaluate my methods of saving money.  
This video has a heavy message but one that is urgent, I feel and it just might mean that some of my suggestions about inexpensive shopping (ie. 99Cent stores, Conway, etc.) should be obsolete.  It  might mean spending a bit more money on something that was produced locally and that isn't disposable in nature.  It means that buying second hand (reusing as well as recycling) and repairing rather than disposing are still key. 
Go to The Story of Stuff for some pretty amazing myth busting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment
or email Leenya at leenya.rideout.totherescue
@blogger.com
with a style or budget dilemma to find out,
What Would Leenya Do?