Friday, November 5, 2010

The Dulcinea Project


It's no secret. I've been away.
And I haven't been blogging.
And I'm sorry.
But sometimes a Renaissance Girl has to take some Me-time, some away time, and get some perspective.
And this time, I got it while playing the filthy, lowest of the low woman-for-sale Aldonza in Man of La Mancha (pictured at right).
I realized that for the past 6 months, though I find pleasure in the creativity and imagination it takes to live well on an artist's budget, I have grown weary of making ends meet, of making just enough to squeak by. And I admit this, knowing that a lot of you are feeling the same way. And it's okay. It's the recession, baby.
But I regret that I stopped writing...
In the next few posts, I will write some beauty tips I discovered and utilized while making my transformation, onstage and off, from cheap jack- of- all trades Aldonza to beautiful superstar Dulcinea, including a dramatic body image change. It took diving into one of the most difficult roles I've ever performed to find myself and to know I've been here all along; I just needed to figure out where to dig and what to shed.
And it still didn't cost a cent, just a gamble.
Maybe I'll call it, The Dulcinea Project.

1 comment:

Leave a comment
or email Leenya at leenya.rideout.totherescue
@blogger.com
with a style or budget dilemma to find out,
What Would Leenya Do?