Friday, January 2, 2009

Last Coat Sale!

  I've got good news and bad news.  
The bad news is that the final Salvation Army Coat Sale of he season is being held Saturday, January 10th from 9am to 5pm (see my former post, Coat Sale,  for very helful hints) at the Salvation Army on 46th St. between 10th and 11th Ave in New York City (pictured here is me at a reading of a new musical with Rebecca Luker in a fun fake fur I found at the last Coat Sale).
The good news is that if you are still searching for that perfect item that you didn't get for Christmas and you miss this sale, almost everything everywhere is on sale!  My cousin Molly pointed out that though I blogged early about outlet malls being a sort of mirage in the desert of bargain shopping, there are amazing bargains to be had there now.  She spent 300 dollars at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets (You can actually take a bus out there!) last weekend and beefed up her work wardrobe with fifteen or so items, including a new winter coat and three suit jackets.  Go, Molly!  
Let me know what steals you've found in the post holiday sales.
And have fun at the Coat Sale!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog, thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny Two Shoes,
    I hope you're going to the Coat sale! Write back and share what you found...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment
or email Leenya at leenya.rideout.totherescue
@blogger.com
with a style or budget dilemma to find out,
What Would Leenya Do?